Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's been a long time.


Three years ago, writing was one of my passions but for one reason or another it fell along the wayside. I wrote for local publications including Synchronicity, Heartbeat, the Edmonton Journal and did web writing for different sites. All of my work included human interest stories and it was effortless! Truly, that is the writing I enjoyed doing. If someone said to me.. Write a piece on.. blah, blah, bah .. I'd feel incredibly stressed and my creative energies would be totally tapped.


I approached Rob who is the Site Admin for http://www.formerfatguy.com/ because he is looking for writers and surprisingly enough, he was going to ask me. Rob is a guy who believes that things happen for a reason and that there are no accidents. His forum truly inspires me to go for my goals and achieve what I desire. He's very good at kicking your ass if that's what you need as well but in a firm, respectful sort of way!

Writing will give me the chance to share with others my journey, my challenges, ideas and thoughts. In some ways, it might be considered vanity publishing because I feel it will keep me accountable to my goals by sharing with other but I feel it will add value to others who will certainly relate to my story This is no fictional story; this is my life!

OSC

No comments: