Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"I have a friend..

that is overweight and weighed almost 400 pounds. She is overweight like you. (I am half of that woman's size) You can find out what she did to lose all that weight. It was called.. uhm, I can't remember the name.. But, she looks great! (I felt that i was starting to look great..) She has just had surgery to remove all the extra skin."

I just smiled. If she weighed 400 pounds I don't imagine she could walk the 3 KM I am walking at that moment or go to Spa Lady three times a week or know what whole foods are. This really triggered me and upset me. I know she was trying to be helpful but you know what, I'm a smart woman and I know that pills, elixirs and the pharmaceutical companies aren't going to own my health. Not if I can help it!

My vent for the day.

2 comments:

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind said...

I know how people like this can affect us by their words.

what you have to understand, is that what they say is about THEM, not about you.

It's "their stuff", not yours and it only becomes yours if you take it on and let it affect you.

It can be a tough one to understand, but it's a fantastic principle. As soon as you can get your head around the fact that what they say is about them, it has no energy any more.

I know you have the book The Four Agreements, so go back and re-read the chapter about "Don't take anything personally"

Darlene said...

You can hold your head proud for your efforts and don't let anyone let you think differently.

Who was the woman that was saying this? Someone you met along the walk? How in shape was she to be giving out this advise for you?

Besides you do look great!