Monday, July 14, 2008

Birthdays ..




Food is always the highlight of any celebration. We learn that when we are a child with birthday cakes, ice cream, dinners and treats. Yesterday was my husband's birthday so we decided to go out to dinner. We went to one restaurant and after finally deciding were told that they could not make any of the chicken dishes because they were out of chicken. So bizarre, why would a restaurant run out of an ingredient that accounted for 25% of their menu?!? Also, there are a myriad of grocery stores within blocks of this location! Needless to say we did not stay to order and went to Mikado which is always fresh, tasty, excellent service and worth the effort!

If you read my previous post, today was to be a shake day. I had my shake for breakfast and everything as planned. Then, I had lunch. Another small sandwich and some snacks in the afternoon. For dinner I chose a bento box, miso soup and to celebrate we each had one cocktail. I chose a Blue Tsunami and Mike chose Geisha's Kiss. I will let the cocktails go amiss and opt for tea or water next time. I think I have been having too many cocktails lately. Mike enjoyed his.

The meal was delicious and couldn't have been more perfect.

The night, we got home and I wasn't thinking and took the accelerator. I was told not to take it at night so I spent the majority of my night awake. That bothered me because besides being awake I had ** severe** muscle pains in my hands, fingers and lower arms. I then realized that that day I was moving eight large wooden tables alone and dragging them over carpets at work that was causing me pain. That coupled with not being at the gym for two weeks no doubt.

Today I am going to the gym with my workout buddy. I am off today and tomorrow that is my goal. Go to the gym and get my butt moving again! I am on a shake day today and then cleanse day tomorrow.

No comments: