Monday, August 4, 2008

Things to do on a cleanse day! Cleaning Up My Act In More Ways Then One



Every buy more of what you thought you had run out of? Sure, we all have. Instead of thinking about food, I decided to reorganize the kitchen, pantry, cupboards. I grabbed a recycling bag, a donation box and a box for the Food Bank. I thought of this yesterday while walking around Heritage Days and watched everyone eating. We are fortunate and live in a society of excess.

I am getting rid of clutter! I have cleaned all my cupboards of excess dishes and knickknacks which are going to be donated to a charity. I have gone through my pantry and got rid of the foods I no longer eat because they are not benefiting my body. Those too, the Food Bank. I have taken stock of my pantry and ask myself, Why do I need four boxes of Inca Red Quinoa?!

My husband and I have made a pact. No groceries purchased until Sept! Sound weird? No way. We have pantry items and freezer items that need to be eaten. The only exception to groceries will be Veggies (Fresh), Milk for him (I am not eating dairy) and Cheese (again for him). I compromised....

It took us three hours to go through and see what was there! It certainly kept my mind off food and reminded me that I was being wasteful.

No comments: