Monday, August 18, 2008

Liquidating Your Assets




Moo-ve along now!

Consider first when looking in your freezer or fridge if what's inside is helping you in your quest for a greater life, healthier living and a successful plan. If you want to know where you can start, here are some ideas How To Inspire A Conscious Kitchen.

Lately, I have to admit that I have been putting off cleaning out the freezer and fridge for many reasons. Then, today I thought I should see what has been stockpiling in there. My husband pointed out to me on several occasions that I had four boxes of Skinny Cow fudge sickles, Breyer's Fruit Bars as well as other bits from early April and it is now mid August! I encouraged him to eat them because I have virtually given up all the frozen treats and I'm not really a eater of ice cream or novelty desserts even when its supposed to hit the mid thirties today. That's hot! He on the other hand loves ice cream. Me, I'm quite happy with my Isadelights!

I noticed as I hauled out the cardboard a couple of things. Spenda and in other cases the treats were loaded in sugar! Sure, low calorie but filled with many things that I have given up. What was I thinking? I was misguided by the low calorie blurb on the package and enticed by the pretty Skinny Cow on the package. I then realized that I had bought into Skinny Cow back in my Weight Watchers days and grew really fond of the sundaes that were only 2 points! I have just learnt that Skinny Cow is under the Weight Watchers umbrella and now endorsed by Oprah's Good Life Program as well. The Skinny Cow has her pockets lined with cash no doubt.

I also found frozen tomato sauce, 2 sausages, shrimp so that means that my husband is having Jambalaya for dinner tonight. I did some alterations by adding more veggies and using brown rice.

Yes, I'm making it while on a cleanse! It can be done. Am I hungry for it? Nope. Drink your water, drink your cleanse, keep busy, and you will be fine! Hey, and while you're at it, don't be surprized if you feel the need to clean or tackle cleaning the garage!

No comments: