Sunday, August 10, 2008

How much do you want this? Working your way through cleansing.




What I write is of my own personal experience..

One of the questions you have to ask yourself when beginning any program and throughout a program is:

How much do I want this?

Also, any program is only as good as the effort you put into it.

Today is a challenging day for me. I have chosen today as my cleanse day and to save anyone from reading this, too much information, lets just say... I have a few side effects and my body is in full cleanse mode today. My day now looks differently then I originally had planned it but.. isn't that life in a nutshell?

If you read about cleansing, the body cleanses and various things happen.

If for example, you drink cofee then obviously caffiene withdrawl which might include headaches. Me, I don't drink coffee enough to go through withdrawls. Some of the side effects can include tiredness, irritability and hunger.

I remember the first day I had my cleanse, I went though it all: irritability, hunger, headaches, fatigue, stomach growling, and mood swings but I made it though. Then, I talk to some people who are on the program and they have no problems with the cleanse. In fact, they have little or no symptoms. I had to remind myself that I shouldn't compare my body or experiences to anyone. I am unique. We are all different and our bodies deal with cleansing differently.


Another time I went through, minor hunger pangs which I pushed away with a boiled egg or celery sticks. When I did a two day cleanse, back to back, it was effortless and the majority of the next day was! The majority of it was. I even cooked and prepped meals on days where I was on full cleanse and wasn't hungry! One day I even went out with a friend and little did I know she was doing her grocery shopping! Instead, I bought some cleaning supplies and when I got home I cleaned!

If you are cleansing and need relief:

Read a book
Watch a movie
Go for a walk
Get some extra sleep or rest
Drink more water
Drink More Energy
Eat one Isasnack
Eat an Isadelight
Get a massage
Have a hot soak
Get a pedicure
Stretch
Yoga
Eat a hard boiled egg, five almonds, celery, or small green salad.

Some key elements in a successful cleanse day are rest and water.

I cannot promise it you is easy but if you take the time to listen to your body, there is much for you to learn!


2 comments:

Dana said...

hi again

Hey, do you mind if I bookmark your blog? I like your writings of how the program is working for you and can use your advice on the program. Isn't feedjit fun - all those people from around the world visit our little sites. My most visited site is my banana bread receipe - makes me wonder if they used it or not.

onesmartcookie said...

Sure! Why not. :-) There are different types of support and if my blog helps someone, one person, I am thrilled!