Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hesitation.

Today I hesitate to post but I will for a few reasons. Firstly, its for me to own what I am feeling and secondly, it is for those who read these blogs and can learn from what I experience. However, do not deny yourself your very personal own experiences!

Yesterday was my Mother's birthday and after talking to her later the night before I found out that they were going to Tony Roma's for lunch and eating ribs. Not so good for me so I thought I would meet up with them later. My niece was accepted into college and we were going to meet at their house for takeway Chinese food. Again, not so good for me. So, instead of going I opted for sending my wishes along with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. I called her that evening and she was thrilled with the flowers, thanking me and understood that I have been battling weight all my adult life and if this is what will help me then she is ok with that.. So, yes, I have some"nay sayers" along the way.

So, instead of going to visit them I totally focused on me. I continued to reorganize our living room, purged stuff for the recycle, Goodwill and donation boxes.I also did some research for our trip to Vegas, planned my week in my daily planner and have all my meals ready for the week. Yes, I even MEASURED them so that I can guage the calories as per the Isagenix Welcome Manual. I have to admit, until now I haven't! So, all my little bento type boxes are stacked in the fridge. I have salmon, chicken, turkey, couscous, green beans, mixed salad, carrots, and brocolli ready to go! Also, I did my 30 minute walk. So, on all accounts I stay true to my two days of cleanse. I did not document well on the first day and I believe that I should have been eating my snacks every two hours. I can't recall if I did.

I am working late so today I will go on a 30 mins. walk on my break. Also, I had committed to going to the gym today and did not get there. I will be going Thurs.-Sunday instead. I will go every day after work and on Sunday I will do my workout at home. I have not done this before so I will record my results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great commitment to yourself and thank you for being so honest with your readers and yourself.