Monday, August 4, 2008

Isagenix on a busy Saturday and Sunday.



Saturday

A one day shake day. Should have been a two shake day but so much going on. Remember, it is designed to work within your lifestyle.

I spent most of the day with my Mom, Sister and her three daughters at Heritage Days. It was a cool day with low lying clouds so it kept the sun away. It was nice because it wasn't packed and it was the first day of the festival.


We watched the African performers who were excited to be there and it showed in their performances. We also watched the lion dance and Japanese drummers which were my favorites.

The kids meandered through the pavilions while eating elephant ears, churros, meat on sticks, and sechuan beef. (Misspellings and spell check isn't giving me an alternative.) Me, it was challenging to know where to eat because many of the places I wanted to eat at weren't opening up their food until later after noon or for the evening. Not sure why... It seemed that everywhere I looked it was deep fried dough, sugar, meat on sticks and more deep fried stuff. I got frustrated and hungry so I sucked on a Isadelight. I did choose food from Greece which was pita, carrot sticks, cellery sticks, hummus (with LOADS of Garlic in chunks) and thick white sauce (I gave that to someone). Two Samosas with Chutney from Pakistan. Green Papaya Salad from Lao. My sister also tried the chocolate dipped banana which just look too funny but I have a warped sense of humor. She gave up trying to eat it and gave it to the kids after we both couldn't stop giggling.



Throughout the Festival I kept bumping into people I know. At one point on Sunday, a woman came up to me and said, "Hi Christina! So good to see you! Isn't this great. Are you having fun, etc"and in the back of my mind I am thinking.. WTF, who are you?! I was trying hard to control the blushing because I do that when I get flustered. I smiled and grinned. So good to see you and that.. I came to the conclusion that it must have been a customer. Until then, I saw about 20 people I knew and knew them but this person had me totally confused. On Saturday, before I knew it I had someone come running up to me to hug me while I was looking at the Mendhi. She pulled us over and my niece got Mendhi done on her forearm. I didn't want mine there and she did it on my ankle. Ten minutes later, I was had ran together. Not sure why.. Heat. Heat from me. Or perhaps my muscle on my ankle from walking.. Then, Sabrina went to pull up her purse on her shoulder and smeared half of hers. I tried everything to remove the henna but it looks like I have a weird orange type birthmark on my ankle/foot for 2-4 weeks.

We stayed for a visit after we got home to my parent's home and before we knew it they were back on the road to Drayton Valley again. I miss them already.

Sunday

Two shakes today and Heritage Day offerings!

I drank 1 litre of water before I left and had my morning shake, Ionix and Accelerators.

I have heard about the River Valley Workout on Former Fat Guy Weight Loss Forum for the last year and Mike and I decided we'd give it a go. Its not too often that Mike and I are both off on a Sunday for this. It was great that Mike wanted to come along to support me. I thought it would be good to get out in the River Valley for some exercise.. Now when I think about it, it was mentioned as a "little boot camp". I felt like a contestant on the Life Channel's X-Weighted.
Oh, we had walking, squats, lunges, pull ups, push ups, planks, side planks, etc. and 'the stairs'. These are stairs that go up the hill, wooden stairs. I looked up and verbally said, "Holy... Mother!" Then, it was pointed out that firemen were training on the same stairs with hoses. At one point I looked up and all I could see was firemen fineness! :-) Legs incredibly tight and intense cramping. 3:40 Mins. But, even though the cramping sucked and the stairs sucked bigger, I did it! We were there for 1.5 hours and I was spent.


What did I learn about myself: I can do more if I push myself. I can talk myself into it as much as I can talk myself out of it!


I was incredibly sore and drank a Litre of water mixed with More Energy. That calmed everything down. Mike went off to bed and slept for two hours. Me, I had a hot soak. Before you know it I was showering, getting dressed and we were off to Heritage Days to meet with Darlene and Rob. We hopped into the car and then onto the shuttle bus.

Thank goodness for Darlene's notes on places to eat healthy or somewhat healthy. I tried:

Fattouch Salad A medley of fresh vegetables, tossed with sumac, lemon, olive oil & garnished with crisped pita bread

Kamundele BBQ beef with green pepper, onion and spices, Congolese way

Timtmo Lentils with onions, peppers and spices

Beef Skewer beef marinated in lemongrass, oyster sauce and soy sauce on skewer and a few pieces from the fruit cup (melon)

I think I remembered everything! Of course, water to go with that.

We watched Latin dancers, Cuban Entertainment, Dragon dance, Ethiopian Dancers, Tanzanian Dancers, and so much.
What I enjoyed about this was that when you meet new people, you get to see things that you might normally not see or look at. It gave me the chance to look at things through someone else's eyes and to try foods I haven't tried before. I like to try new things and see different things. I'm really easy that way.. That's what makes life interesting.
. What a busy, fun, interesting day and a chance to get spend some time with people who I never get to spend time with or have had the chance to get to know! Mike and I both had a fantastic time yesterday.. I just realized we took no pictures to have as souvenirs of that day.

Today, I have chosen as one of two of my back to back cleanse days. Quite honestly, there aren't many parts of me that aren't sore from the workout! Joints in my toes, back muscles, thigh muscles, lower legs. I will drink lots of water to ease me through the cleansing process. Cleansing begins .. NOW.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool.

Ya, pictures would have been a good idea, wouldn't it have?

Funny I never thought of that