Monday, August 11, 2008

Peaks and Valleys.


Yesterday was a cleanse day and unlike other cleanse days, it was very different. I was anxious, crabby, irritable and grumpy. I think that by recognizing this and knowing some of my triggers it will help me deal with these situations.

In the morning, I had planned to go with the group for the River Valley Exercise session but instead I had diarrhea and fatigue which are signs of cleansing throughout the morning. If you experience this, make sure to drink lots of water. It will see you through! I am sure that I contributed to this by eating a individual sized Tuscan Pizza the night before which was a Satuday night. I have not eaten cheese or dough for.. I can't remember how long. I am sure my body was confused by that.. I rested for most of the morning and was anxious to get on with the rest of the day because I wanted to spend time with my husband, relax and enjoy some of the weekend before the summer is over.

I took a bottle of pre made cleanse with me in a travel bottle as well as a bottle of More Energy with me. Both bottles looked like they had Iced Tea in them.. We walked around the park area, to the ponds, watched the geese, chatted and continued through some of the park trails. I found that when I am cleansing, my senses are very aware. I could smell the hot dogs barbecuing in the picnic sites as if they were right beside me! Approximately 3 KMS. and my energy was depleted. My legs felt tight and lead weight. I have not been using Ionix for a week now and am seeing the difference I can see why people usually start with this product. It is amazing! Soon I was hungry so I drank my drink and had a snack..

Later on we decided to visit my parents who live in the area and were invited to stay over for dinner but declined because I was on a cleanse day which meant no solid food. Nearby I noticed a HUGE bag of potato chips and wanted to dive my head in.

I continued to drink my cleanses, waters and snacks.. To keep me busy I went out with my Mom in a quest for new pants that fit and I'm happy to say I have gone down a size! It was a good reminder to stay strong and determined.

That evening, hubby made dinner for himself and I had to leave the room and keep myself busy because I was hungry. I have now done...about five cleanses and this one was the hardest. Before going to bed I made two hard boiled eggs which I ate while watching Canada's 50 year old fencing champion beat the woman from Tunisia.

I went to sleep to rest my body.. today I wake and feel good. Now I have a nasty cold sore on my lower lip.

That shake this morning tasted sooooooooooooooooo good!

1 comment:

Darlene said...

down a size in pants?! that's awesome!