Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Working through the pain.

Some people can handle pain, me I'm a wimp.

Yesterday the pain was the worst. I survived on Liquid Advils and today the pain (knock on wood) isn't as bad. I got a hold of my trainer and told her what has happened. I told her I'm discouraged and she told me the best thing to hear that I still have my range of motion which means I'm not hurt. Could I bend over to reach everything that I dropped yesterday, hell no!

I went to bed with lots of water and Advil after a massage by my husband which felt like heaven on earth but he knew I was in pain so he helped me out.. I walked funny and I had this pained look on my face. Someone actually asked me if it was worth it. This came from a person who does not exercise. This is the same person who told me that I wasn't feeling well because of all the weird food I had been eating. Ie, bean salads, hummus, whole foods. Sure, ok..

SO, here's my plan.. I work late today so I got a chance to sleep in. I was simply exhausted. Pain can really kick you in the teeth. I'm walking eight blocks to a venue to help out which will include some lifting. I will do what I can... I go to my next session on Thurs. night after work and will show her where my pain came from..

Down but not out!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

there's a difference between feeling sore and outright pain. If you are in severe pain you either pulled something likely, or worked too hard.

onesmartcookie said...

I would say I worked out too hard. She told me that the assessment can be harder for some people than the actual workout because the haven't exercised in a long time or haven't been pushed as hard physically..

My friend insisted on using heavier weights on the circuit and I told her that she might be paying for it tomorrow...