Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Exercise Equiptment or Tools of Torture?

Last night, Denise (with pink running shoes!!!) and I went to our workout at the gym. The plan was for her to do her assessment but that didn't go as planned. She will have her assessment on Thurs. when we go again. That's tomorrow!

So, we were shown five different pieces of equiptment to work the stomach, love handles and core. I have already done the ab machine so I knew what that was about. The others, not so much. I have no idea what they are called but she wanted us to do three sets of ten on each of the machine after she demonstrated how to do it and we tried it before doing it on our own. That was after we did the elliptical for five, the whole sprint circuit, the elliptical again and then we go to go to the fancy machines that almost every woman in the gym got on while we were there.

Once again, I saw someone I knew and as she was RUNNING on the treadmill at warp speed, I walked by and waved. No word of a lie, her eyes went like saucers and she pulled her I POD earphones out of her ears. I'm lucky she didn't fly off the treadmill. Tee Hee. It was hilarious!

The other times I did the elliptical my knees didn't hurt. This time they hurt. I need to ask how to properly set this machine so I don't hurt my knees. Denise and I both agree its not our favourite machine. Its probably because it makes us sweat and tires us. I suppose its doing its job, eh? :-) We did that as our warmup which was five mins. Then, we went onto the circuit was much busier then other times I've been there. Since I Denise hasn't done this I showed her and she figured it out with the diagrams. She is smarter then me because she didn't use the equiptment backwards. Heh. According to the trainer, she was telling us that it takes 30 mins. Hmmm, I suppose we are slow and I suppose we were maybe doing too much? I'm thinking now, we were there for 90 mins. After that, we went to the bikes and did that for five mins. Then, back to the ab machines. Yes, we felt the burn.

Afterwards, we were like two wet rags but it was fun to workout with someone and we got to laugh every now and then. I could actually hear the music tonight and this morning not as sore as I have been in the past.

I've decided to hide my weight scale for awhile. A few days in and I decided to weigh myself. I was five pounds heavier. Oh oh. Then, it crept into my mind. I'm doing this to lose weight. I have to realized that..I have a journey ahead of me. This isn't going to happen after three sessions. It would be nice but that's not reality..

No comments: