Friday, July 30, 2010

Super Stoked!


Today's entry is brought to you by the number 11!

On Weds. night I bailed on my workout so I committed to going last night. Yes, I walked through the doors and was greeted by the Manager of the gym, Candy. She always smiles and greeted with me, "Hey how are you doing Christina" to which I replied,"Looking to do something different with my routine after two years" and after telling her that I was on Body for Life, what I wanted for my program I was brought a trainer by my side!

Long story short, I went through the weights, equiptment and cardio with the trainer.We wrote down my plans including reps, duration and equipment. What I was most excited about was to have someone show me and then show them what I do. To LEARN what I was to do and to correct any incorrect posture, form, etc. I am now using free weights as part of my routine. I have a much better understanding about the program and understand more of the terms used. Now, to go through my fitness books and understand what muscle groups work or rest while I am exercising.

I am excited and as my neice would say, "STOKED!" 

Trainers are something new to Spa Lady since they have been taken over by a new company. The trainer was familiar with Body for Life and told me how she had seen some people who had done it with amazing results. Of course I was given a bit of a sales pitch on how I could book sessions, etc which I said no to at this point but it is great I have options available to me.

I also managed to cut my gym membership in half!


Yay me! "

OSC



"Our body is…a vehicle for awakening. Treat it with care.” -- Buddha

No comments: