Monday, August 2, 2010

MIndful Eating.



I think the most important lesson I have learned while on Body for Life is mindful eating. Eating with intention and to fuel the body. So much so, it is Eating to Live not Living To Eat

Body for Life involves food journal ling all your meals for twelve weeks. This morning while thinking about my week and getting ready to put things on paper, I read through my daily entries. I noticed how quickly things started to slide the days I hadn't remembered to journal or in this case chose not to journal. Looking back at it now, I can't even remember what I ate at those meals!


Everything I eat, I own. That means if I consume it then I am accountable for that choice.  I realize that being honest with myself is the key to my success and ultimately my happiness. 

So by any entry that I have eaten off plan, I am recording my reasons for deviating from the plan. Ie, Stress, skipped meals. This helps me assess why I do what I do with regards to food. It also returns the power to me and not the food. This also help me realize what triggers, habits, or even certain foods that are connected to me with circumstances. 

Happy Heritage Day to me. Today is Free Day! 

 

No comments: