Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sushi, Meditation and Dealing With Stress

Today's eating plan was wobbly. The morning went well. Then, in the afternoon our meeting ended up being four and a half hours long so I didn't have an opportunity to eat my afternoon snack because there was no break. Throughout the meeting, gummy animals were being passed around and before I knew it I was indulging in two of the chewy critters. So, note to self:
Bring along something small and portable that I can gnaw on instead of gel-afied sugar!

I was mentally exhausted with all the information given to us at the meeting and did not leave work as planned at 5:30 to go to the gym. I chose to go directly home to re ground myself. Then, when we were on the way home from work I was incredibly hungry so I craved sushi big time! So, we stopped and grabbed sushi with a mixed vegetable bowl. After we got home I told myself, "Gee, that's a lot of food. I should divide it in half and put it into a container right away for a meal the next day. Into the fridge" That, did NOT happen so I ate the large California Rolls and Alberta Rolls made with white rice.  No evening snack.


 
I realize that the salty cravings were my body's way of reacting to the stress of the meeting events and sugar rush from the treats
.

Last night, I decided that I need to reground myself after the day and focused on meditation followed by an early night and extra sleep. I feel much better today. Today, I got up early and prepared my meals for the day so I am ready. Breakfast was made and as I type this I am optimistic. Even though I did not fufill my eating as planned I will not beat myself up for it. My gym bag is at work so I will go to my session that I had agreed to yesterday.

Focus on progression not perfection. Get back on .. quickly!

No comments: