Monday, September 8, 2008

Stairs.

No, we don't have snow! This is an old picture but you get the idea of the ... stairs. :-)


Yesterday our plan was to go to the River Valley workout at 10:00 AM. Just as we are about to go out the door I heard the washing machine make a strange noise and it turned out that it was leaking and flooded the floor! In a panic, we cleaned it up and were concerned about the flooring getting damaged but all appears well. So, we headed off to the workout.

Ninety minutes of pushups, pullups, crunches and the dreaded stairs. I do great in the beginning and then half way through my legs become lead weights. Last time my time was 3:20 and this time I did it in.. 2:45! Whoo! Whoo!

What did I learn? I hadn't been to the gym for a week. I was not drinking enough water and perhaps the beer and pizza at the game weren't such a great idea! Right now, my muscles going into my armpits are killing me, my upper legs burn and my feet even ache!

Hey, but I did it. My plan is the gym on Wed. and Friday night after work. I'm cleaning on Saturday and then I fly out to Vegas for our trip Saturday night. We started packing yesterday and pick up Mike's passport tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on setting the goal to set a new personal best on the stairs and then BEATING it by such a huge amount.

that's how it's done.

now it becomes more challenging as we continually try to best our own personal bests. We have to train for them, doing the stairs, working on our endurance, building strength in the legs etc.

Good work on Sunday and great to see you push yourself.

so what is it that you're doing on Thursday that you can't make the Isagenix event?

onesmartcookie said...

The reason I can't come Thursday is that i have to "have all my ducks in a row" in order to make sure my teams are set up for success while I'm away on holidays.