Saturday, September 6, 2008

Beer and Pizza.

Last night we planned to go to the Edmonton against Calgary football game.I packed clothes to change into, gloves, fleece, etc because I knew it would be cold and they were forecasting rain so we brought rain ponchos.

I ate my morning shake and brought along my prepared lunch which was lentil loaf and sauteed zucchini with mushrooms and tomatoes. At coffee break, I drank a bottle of water and ate two Isasnacks.

Later that morning one of my employees came up to me to tell me she has brought me Bryani (spelling?!)which is Indian food for my lunch. Chicken and rice.. SO now, I'm confronted with two lunches. I opt for half of the container of Indian food and enjoy that. I drink two large tumblers of water.

In the afternoon, I drank a bottle of water and snacked on unsalted raw almonds.

The group of us leave from work and head to the game on the bus. Then, we get to the stadium at its 630 ish and my head is spinning. I'm hungry. I had planned on putting some shake into my water bottle and having that before I carried on with the night. That didn't happen.

Before I know it, all 20 of us are circled around and I have a beer in my hand. I have never had beer. I drank my first beer and we headed to the stands which were up MANY stairs. I plopped myself in the seat, zipped up my fleece and watched the game. Beer was gone. Whoa. Light headed.

I ate a handful of popcorn someone offered and was essentially overloaded my sensories. Then, someone next to me and we shared a piece of pizza. The dough soaked up the beer. Someone realizing that this was my first beer brought me another beer and I finished that up with one mini doughnut.

Totally off plan for the night. The game was fun and the night was beautiful. Pretty crisp.. I was starting to get quite cold when it was time to leave.

Today I am back on plan. I've had my shake, Ionix and accelerators and will eat my meal today for lunch and have a shake for dinner. I feel a cold coming on so I'm heading to bed early tonight!

1 comment:

Tekkaus said...

Wow! Your 1st beer. You must be lucky that they serve you so many beer and food. Haha =)