Tuesday, October 2, 2007

How can you not love a sunset like that?



I didn't want this picture to go to waste so I've posted it here on the blog. It has nothing to do with food or anything else I usually blog about.. Fall is in the air...

This blog is about change.

I usually don't believe in psychics or mediums or as my Dad might say; mumbo jumbo. Heh. I took someone's advice and called Kandace. She knew NOTHING about me and she was so right about my life at this moment in time. Some of it is of course very personal so I won't post it here but I will share a few things. The edited and short version:

Weight loss - we've been there before. (Have I ever! I've done everything including Hoodia, Weight Watchers, South Beach, GI Diet, Pocket Diet, Bitter Orange, etc) You're really frustrated. You need to move more and the weight will come off. You have been eating more vegetables in your diet. (Ie, everyday including Sunrider) You will see changes. When you make the changes around you to purge, you will see the weight come. You need to get out walking. The walking will help with stress and it will also release the weight loss. IAs you walk, visualize the stress coming away from your body and into the pavement as you walk. It will come and you will do GREAT! Your home.

Right now you are feeling the need for space. You need to make room and get things comfortable for yourself. Go through the drawers, go through the cupboards, get rid of things that don't make you happy, and once you start, you will be glad you did. This has been on your mind for quite some time and once you release this burden, other things will come. You are feeling a resistance and someone isn't wanting to get rid of things that you are feeling aren't important. Ok, so I've been holding onto some of these books and movies. I've just purged a bunch and it felt great! Have a gararge sale. Well, I went online and have already sold a dozen books in two hours. Once I started, it freed up space and felt great to make more room. We purged, cleaned, dusted, moved furniture and made our home a home in the first time in the whole year we have lived here! I went to bed that night exhausted but felt like we'd accomplished a lot. Today I look around and its like being in someone else's home... It's all good!

I had a conversation with a woman today who is Muslim and she is fasting. For one month those that follow her faith fast from dawn until dusk. This also includes no water. It amazes me. No food, no nutrition, no water for that period of time. I wonder if it is healthy. It surely can't be. I know of some women who have worked for me in the past who felt dizzy and lightheaded and I have heard of examples where people have actually fainted due to this. I wish for such will power....

I've started to log all food that I consume during the day. Tomorrow will be day three. I put it on a word file and email by support budy daily with the results. She is amazing and has lost almost 25 pounds in six weeks. She's a workout demon and I haven't gotten to that level yet. I wonder if it will happen. Food for thought.

2 comments:

coachben said...

Hello,
My name is Ben Warstler and I am inspired by your blog and your journey. I am a fitness professional helping those who share the same pain as you and are looking to change their life. If you ever need any help don't hesitate to contact me.
Stay strong and remember your goal.
In health,
Ben Warstler
www.bensbootcamps.com
vermontfitnesscamps.blogspot.com

onesmartcookie said...

Hi there Ben. Thank you so much for your comments. I would love to ask you a few questions. Could you please drop me an email at cfb67@shaw.ca

OSC