Sunday, October 7, 2007

Being Personally Accountable


As a woman, I think one of the easiest things for us is to be the care givers and to offer our help, time and energies but in many cases what happens along the way is that we forget about ourselves. Today this was more evident then ever.


I had committed to two people and because of being afraid to say no, it ended up in both of them being comitted and myself letting them down. Not only did I let them down but I let myself down. Its an easy thing to do and you might have the greatest intentions but listen to your body, your schedule and anything else that might prevent you from being personally accountable.


Its ok to say "No".


Try not to let the guilt of saying no take control of you emotionally. That's a lesson I have learned today.


1 comment:

Darlene said...

It's also about resetting the agreement if you know you can't make it. But doing it BEFORE you break it. Then no one is let down. No confidence or trust lost.