Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Quinoa Salad


I made this today and am taking it for my dinner while at work.
Quinoa and Green-Bean Salad
1 1/2 cups green beans, trimmed and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
2 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
1/2 cup chopped parsley
2 scallions, chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and black pepper, to taste
• Cook the green beans in boiling, salted water for 2 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Rinse under cold water, drain and pat dry. Combine with the quinoa, pecans, parsley, scallions, and mint in a large bowl. • Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over the salad and toss to blend. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
I did a few alterations to the recipe: I steamed the green beans with the Quinoa and I used Udo's. I chopped up a few extra veggies from Dad's garden and mixed them with the salad.

No comments: