Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day One

Breakfast was the Roots and Fruits Juice. 

I headed to the doctor and was diagnosed with Bronchitis. I was resistant to being prescribed antibiotics but knew that if I didn't take care of it now, that I would end up with Pneumonia which has happened to me in the past. I realized that with the juice that I was off to a healthy start so was a good patient and have agreed to take the medication for 10 days. 

My doctor was impressed and congratulated me. I had chosen to go the juicing route. She is a firm believer of the Hunter and Gatherer diet.  Processed foods contribute nothing to the general well or health of the individual. I have committed to full blood work in three months time to see the results and to review it with her. 

Lunch was Green Carrot and Ginger Juice.  I decided to experiment and made one serving of the Beet-ini. which was fun, i drank half of the serving but within less then an hour I had a reaction that lasted throughout the day. it was definitely cleansing my body! I didn't have fresh mint which would give it a more cleaner taste and it was quite thick in consistency. 


The Beet-tini



Benefits of the Beet
  • It contains sodium, phosphorus, calcium, sulphur, chlorine, iodine, iron, copper, vitamins B1, B2, C. 
  • The juice is rich in easily digestible carbohydrates, but low in calories. 
  • The protien factors or amino acids are good in both quality and qauntity. Rich in alkaline elecments, potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron. 
  • Beet juice is rich in sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, sulphur, chlorine, iodine, iron, copper, vitamins B1, B2, C 


  • Beet juice in combination with carrot or cucumber is on the finest cleansers for the kidneys and gall bladder.  








No comments: