Thursday, January 17, 2013

Rebooting My Life

A week ago, I was given a video to watch by a friend who is currently on a weight loss journey to better health. It was called,  Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. It is a documentary of Joe Cross, an Australian who was on a quest for better health by losing weight, eliminating his medications and dealing with a debilitating disease as he traveled the U.S., his story and inspired Phil, a trucker to lose weight through juicing.

I'm open minded enough to give it a watch and have watched plenty of videos including Food Matters, Supersize Me, Food Inc. and most recently Hungry for Change.  Watch the trailer here http://youtu.be/x9SGWcZwk7c


Fat Sick and Nearly Dead by Joe Cross. 

What impressed me most about this documentary was that it wasn't all soap box and preachy. His thoughts, ideas and logic was something that was easy to.. digest. One of the most simplistic scenes in the movie that resonated with me happened with the idea that as a child you would injure your body and the body's ability to heal itself. In today's society, we are quick to self medicate or see a doctor instead of supplying our body with a wealth of nutrients to basically reset, repair or as a computer does.. reboot!


The idea of juicing appeals to me because it involves no cooking, minimal prep, natural ingredients, no preservatives and improved health. Who doesn't want more energy, better sleep, clear skin, weight loss, and the potential to stop taking prescribed medications?

In December, I was overworked and stressed from a busy Christmas season in retail. On Christmas Day, I was so sick that I could only eat turkey soup and my three 3 day Christmas break that I had been looking forward to was spent in bed with the flu. During that time, I also had emergency dental surgery so in all ways I was very ill. I was tired, sick and not in a happy place. Finally, after all my body had been through, I was starting to feel more like myself.


Then, on the continued path of eating poorly and not getting enough sleep as well as constant contact with the viruses that are circulating, I got hit again. Out of frustration, I went to the doctor instead of medicating from the drugstore. My doctor, was unavailable so I settled for a medi center. There, I was given a prescription and told to get rest.

While resting, I sat down and took the time to watch the video. Juicing is something I want to incorporate into my life. Will I do it for 60 days? No.What I do know is that it is a great way to get me back to optimal health and supplement as well as inspire me to improve my current eating.

I will blog my journey to great health... 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awsome Website and rich content very nice work on this website,
i will bookmark it and check in regularly.

If you want to Lose weight and still eat all the food and chocolate you love, And Yes this i true this is the one weight loss program that lets you lose weight and still eat what you want its truly amazing.
check out my fat loss factor review at:

http://www.muscledevelopment.org

Cheers