Sunday, April 17, 2011

Use and Trust the Process

Well.. life has been fast forward this week.

Work has been incredibly challenging on many levels and lots of change has been happening so there is a level of stress that comes with that. I need to release myself to the change and stop resisting but I am so damned stubborn. If it get uncoortable I quickly settle into my old ways and into comfort.

My action plan this week was to:

My strategies are:

Nuture myself. Take the time to do things I enjoy that do no involve food and doing things that are free or cost me very little. I took the time to have a bubble bath, phone a few friends and am spending some time with a friend today. Listened to lots of music this week. I think this week I will search out new music this week. Any recommendations of music that inspires you? The weather this week hasn't been too agreeable. We got dumped on this week with snow but I am heading out today to hang out on Whyte today which will be great. I miss getting outside and wandering, searching and poking around. I am not feeling in touch spiritually and this concerns me. With this week has come a feeling of less then feeling centered. I also admit that I have kept myself away from my friends and family because I have been feeling imperfect.


The 80/20 Rule: This was a challenging week. I ate clean all week but two days ate processed and fast food crap. So, it wasn't a 80/20. It was more a 60/40. I am focusing on it this week. We are going out for a mandatory work dinner on Tuesday so that will be my free day.


Journalling. I had all the best intentions of getting onto this week and started out well. As you read, you will notice the breaks in the entries. I allowed this to happen instead of journalling about some of the events in the week.

Distraction and putting cravings on hold. Yep, the anxious feeling came. It said, NOW, NOW, NOW. I should have allowed my mind to be quiet and say.. Wait. It's ok, you are fine.

My message to myself today is:

I am always at the right place at the right time, doing just the right thing . There is no "wrong" in my life.

No comments: