Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Exercise Two

I had to laugh when I heard this. Sumos make me laugh and then it scared the shit out of me. Sumo wrestlers are forbidden to eat breakfast because it allows them to GAIN weight. Skipping breakfast? Think again!

Rikishi are not normally allowed to eat breakfast and are expected to have a form of siesta after a large lunch. The most common type of lunch served is the traditional "sumo meal" of chankonabe which consists of a simmering stew cooked at table which contains various fish, meat, and vegetables. It is usually eaten with rice and washed down with beer. This regimen of no breakfast and a large lunch followed by a sleep helps rikishi put on weight so as to compete more effectively.

Many overweight adults do not eat breakfast. I am not perfect but I have much improved when it comes to making sure I eat within two hours of rising. Ideally one hour. Break the fast.

Certain eating patterns and lifestyle habits can effect how your body uses the food you eat and may promote food cravings. Understand your body and how it works. Don't work against it.

Exercise Two. Eat breakfast.

1 comment:

Rob - @formerfatguy said...

I think I heard that somewhere before

Good advice