Sunday, April 10, 2011

Food For Thought

Do I make different food choices when I am rushed versus when I have more time?


Definately. I take ownership of this. If I am rushed going out the door in the morning or have no motivation to pack a lunch then yes, I certainly will make different choices then if I was not rushed. That means, eating in the food court. I've done a week worth of packed lunches and snacks. Then, yesterday after a crazy week and being exhausted with Bay Day shoppers, visits, etc. I chose not to take time to pack a lunch or snacks and ate in the food court. I chose Edo's which was the best choice. When I got home I didn't have any snacks so I was hungry to the point of irritability. I chose a piece of cheese and rye bread. I should have chosen a peice of fruit or veggies. I didn't. Today is a day off from work and I am monitoring what I am eating throughout the day and planning some of my meals because I am going from a ten hour work day right into a three hour class. I have to sneak a meal in between the two and a snack on our break that night.

Do I sometimes buy something that I hadn't planned on, just because its onsale?


I was raised on this! My parents would always shop the flyers and purchase their items by the muliples because it was on sale. I do not read the flyers and I do not do this. I buy as I need it. When buying produce or fruit I am buying what's in season and happens to be at a great price.

Do I ignore hunger pains when I am busy doing something?

Yes, I am great at this. I will ignore hunger pains until I get irritable and am "starving". Years of retail and crazy schedules. No time to eat. Taking the time to eat five times a days is still an opportunity for me.

No comments: