Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Year In Review -- My Life.








Personally, when I think back many things have changed but some have stayed the same but isn't that the way life is?



I took more chances and put myself out there more then I have ever done. I did the 3 KM walk on July first , many Hedley concerts with my neice, festivals, etc.. and went out with the "gang"at work but there were times when I stayed back because I was intimidated enough to put myself out there.. Sure, it was scary but I felt more comfortable with who I am. I suppose some of that comes with age and letting go of the feeling of being criticized or ostracized. None the less, I went out more socially then I did in the past and reached out to others as friends which I hadn't done for a long time. I'm very excited about the opportunity I will have at the end of January. I will be attending Level One of Personal Best Seminars in Edmonton and after a year of letting my hesitance get the better of me, I have taken the plunge and committed to this course.


Travel wise, even I amazed myself. I traveled to Las Vegas with my family to go to my brother's wedding in May and in September I traveled once again to Vegas but this time with my husband to our first REAL holiday. It was also totally out of his comfort zone and the first time he had been on a plane. Kudos to him for overcoming his fear of flying and using the excuse.. it was too expensive. Vegas can be very affordable and here in Canada, it can actually be cheaper then traveling to one of the other provinces. In 2009 we are looking at going to Cancun or somewhere warm but as per his idea, it has to be cheap. Heheheh. Yes, dear.


Health wise: Sure, I would be lying if I said it was easy. I started out the New Year sick as I seem to be doing again but this time I feel more prepared to take care of my body, mind and soul. The best thing to come into my life was .. nutritional cleansing. Some of the "side effects"for me have included a calmness, feeling healthier and much more energy.



Exercise: I honestly believed that I would never go to a gym because gyms were for thin people but in June I joined Spa Lady and my goal for the New Year is to go to the gym three times a week. I will be spending time with a trainer who will evaluate my current circuit training and I believe, its time to switch it up. Husband and I bought Wii Fit and for those of you who haven't tried it, its quite a workout complete with a trainer and tally of your fitness minutes/progress, etc..




Professionally, I have learned and dealt with situations and people I never dreamed I would have experienced. I think 2009 will see some changes in my professional life and I feel them coming. Stay tuned.



Onesmartcookie

1 comment:

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind said...

Wow, a change in ur professional life, I've got chills,
You've come a long way Christina, I'm proud of you

Let's move forward even more this year and take some massive action