Thursday, January 22, 2009

I love Weights but Cardio, not so much!


Weights rock and cardio, not so much...

I love the pressure and the resistance in weights but cardio makes me feel 'uncomfortable' because of my asthma. When my heart rate increases, my breathing does as well and I don't enjoy triggering a asthma attack.

I just realized this today when I talked to one of the trainers. She watched me do my cardio and felt I wasn't huffing and puffing enough or sweating. She knew I could do the weights and have increased the pounds. So, I've increased weights and reps. but didn't move the needle when it came to cardio.

Oh, I sweat on weights so for me its finding the balance.

Every time I go to the gym I do 20-30 mins. cardio and then do the weight circuit. Then, if I have time or I plan to do so I do the abs bench. I do 50 on the abs. bench and I do it to the point I end up having a horrible muscle spasm on the muscle over my rib cage. If that makes sense...

My plan is to now start with cardio, flip to weights and then back to cardio. My new routine starts on Tuesday which is exciting for me because I have been doing everything on my own for the last ..six months. What I did on my own was work up from 10-20 pounds and am now at 30-40 pounds.

I still have an incredibly hard time on the bicep curl using their machine. Maybe I will work with dumbbells instead.

The fantastic news is that I have lost 3.5 inches off my abs. and 1 inch off my hip. Hey, that's amazing to me considering I was a couch potato for MANY years.

Get your body moving.

OSC

No comments: