Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day Three

Day Four.I'm finding that with the Veggie Challenge that a few things are happening:My energy level has not dropped.I'm having a hard time drinking my water. I'm finding that with all the fruit and veg. that I'm feeling a bit bloated and gassy. Water is hard for me to drink in the colder months. I'm having a hard time even drinking my Sunrider drinks like Calli or Fortune. Of course, I probably wouldn't be feeling bloated and gassy if I drank these things! That's a cause for a bit of frustration for me.Finger joints are sore as are my joints at my elbows. Again, if I drank my water I most likely would feel less pressure. Also, my body is often feeling creaky with the weather changes. I'm feeling a bit stuffy this morning.I have totally eliminated all meat, dairy and eggs from my diet this week. Its strange, cravings for cheese have stopped but now I'm wanting a big, juicy, chicken breast!! The others who have decided to go along with me on this journey are doing well. One of them admitted or shall I say, confessed to me she had a small piece of chicken. The guilt for her was so overwhelming that she told me she didn't enjoy it! Maybe this is where my chicken envy is stemming from!I seem to be washing a lot more containers and dishes since I've been doing this. I'm known as the Tupperware Queen at work! Our lunch group is fascinated at what I will be bringing and is always asking what I'm eating. My hot flashes I was experiencing have stopped. A comment was made that it was the soy I was eating..I've tried some new foods this week. Tofu, Tempeh. I liked the Tempeh but theTofu, I'm not sold on. I have to experiement more with that. My biggest piece of advice to anyone considering or going vegan or vegetarian is a couple of things:Learn as much as you can about meat alternatives. Don't think you can do it by eating salads and fruits. Talk to others who have chosen this lifestyle. My sources have been Darlene and people from vegetarian groups. I have done research on the Internet about choices, options, recipes and developing a well balanced plan. Be prepared to have people think you are crazy or being silly. I'm already crazy and a bit of silly killed no one. Where I live, there are many people who are vegetarian at different levels and I find that many of those people "get" the choice. I am fortunate to have many choices in shopping where I am sure that in other smaller centers it would be quite challenging. For example, something as simple as Bragg's isn't readily available. This is me, now.

No comments: