Monday, November 12, 2007

Day One.


Veggie Challenge.


Today I started off with two Nuplus made into a porridge consistency. I cut up some oranges and made Calli Tea for breakfast.

Lunch was vegetable pasta, sliced carrots, Udo's oil, flavoured vinegar.

Afternoon snack, baby carrots and a Sunrider Bar.

Water throughout the day.

Dinner was almonds and my special sandwich. I took two pieces of sprouted bread, homemade hummous (included olives, sundried tomatoes, sesame oil and chickpeas), pepper, and slices of cucumbers.

This evening, I cut a piece of my mock meatloaf which was Yves Veggie Ground Round, onions, celery, sundried tomatoes, oats, roasted red pepper, spices, etc. and a salad.

I have a bit of a headache but I've had that since I woke up from the night of dancing, drinking and cavorting so I'm not sure if its because of the change in diet for the day or the after effects!


I went shopping at Planet Organic and this week I will try Seiten, Tempeh.......... I'm going to make my red Quinoa and Kale this week.


The support from the Vegetarian community has been amazing as I've been surfing online checking things out.


Thought for the day: Protein is believed to come from chicken, cheese and yogurt. Where do Vegans get it from in their diet?


black beans

lentils

broccoli

spinach

quinoa

tofu and tempeh




OSC

No comments: