Thursday, April 10, 2008

The messenger?




Today while I walked home at a brisk pace caring fifteen pounds of groceries and sweating like mad I noticed a butterfly sitting on a small shrub. Quite strange because only recently we were bombarded by snow and had a blasting of snow that left our roads and streets filled with snow. The snow is almost gone and today was a wonderful sunny day with warmer temperatures. I believe that the butterfly was my messenger. Butterflies symbolize change to me. My life is changing and my journey is a long one on the way to a healthier life.

Walking along the sidewalk I was greeted by a cyclist who rang her bell, smiled at me and waved as she drove ahead. Two Moms pushed their running strollers and said hello. Then, came Graham Hicks who was jogging and commented on how busy the sidewalks were today. Later on two men with a dog smiled as they walked on. The warm weather was certainly agreeing with everyone after a long winter.

Spring has sprung. Finally~

No comments: