Friday, July 15, 2011

Sabotage

It seems anytime I want to eat healthy, that I am under scrutiny but this time things are different. I really don't care what anyone thinks or says, this is for me. It's my body and I'm the owner of this model..

It wasn't until recently that I took note of how someone's remarks made me react.

Are you still on your diet? Have you lost any weight?

Amazing how this one puts enormous amount of pressure on yourself to report the numbers they want to hear. Then when you hear

It's great you're losing weight. Maybe you can keep it off this time

I've decided that I am going to diffuse comments that are not supportive immediately.

Why do these things bother me so?

Partners,parents, friend and even people at work are either afraid of the changes in me from losing weight, how my relationship will change with them, or maybe its the.. I won't bother you about your weight if you don't bother me about.. Ah, the unspoken contract!

I think something I have dealt with for many years is my partner's junk food habit. Its has been quite easy for me to give up and pack it in after being exposed to such junk food. This time him eating that stuff doesn't bother me at all. I'm not going to blame on person. It happens with many people. My largest challenge is to resist the temptations under the roof!

No comments: