Saturday, October 2, 2010

Las Vegas Trip Report: Day 3. I am the Elvette!

Day Three Sept. 27th




I am the Elvette and all we need is LOVE!



After last night's Purple Reign episode, we both slept in until 9 Am.




After doing lots and lots of walking, we decided to purchase the three day Duece/
Gold Line Pass. We planned for a cab to and from the airport. That was it. Besides, the heat was so intense and I recall someone saying that it was summer heat that hit on one day 110 degrees. I'm by no means a sun worshipper so I slapped on the highest sunblock I could find!




We took the Deuce along the strip and were enticed by O'Shea's 99 cent frozen Bailey's which packed a punch and oh so delighfully cheap!




Our plan was to get to Bill's Gambling Hall to catch the first show in the lounge. It was recommended we go 30 mins. early but 90 mins. early , it was packed. We managed to share a table with some folks from Great Britian. So, we chatted with the folks and proceeded to drink frozen Margaritas.. I believe there were five consumed and remember, also the Baileys. Folks, these are not full scale drinks. Merely litte sample sizes. Aloha from Las Vegas played on the back screens while Big Elvis' voice was dubbed. Big E arrived in a one piece jumpsuit and I was surprized at how good his voice was! He sang all the favourites and there must have been 500 people gathered around to hear the man with the big voice. He was very engaging, fun and very talented. Then, he asked for ladies from the aundience to come up and before I knew it, I was ready to be an Elvette! What a fun time!


Here is the link to the video
http://www.youtube.com/user/1smartcooky





We wandered throughout the strip and decided to get back to the hotel to freshen up for our dinner at the Border Grill. We purchased our certificate from www.restaurant.com. We were seated out on the patio with our reservations which looked over the beach at Mandalay Bay and a breeze came through the patio. It was lovely. Homemade tortillas and chips were given to us before ordering. I chose the Grilled Skirt Steak and my partner chose Chicken Adobe Quesadilla.The service was great and the food was tasty. Our bill for two of us came to $28.65 (with the certificate for $25.00. which cost me $2.00) This included 2 glasses Peach Lemonaid which was refreshing on a scorcher of a day. We would go back.. Check out their website. They have been featured on the Food Network.



After dinner we took the tram from Mandalay to Excalibur and walked to Monte Carlo. Took the tram to Bellagio and then walked to the Mirage for the 9:30 show of Love. The theater is in the round so I believe there is not a bad seat. Our seats were $50 each and at the top of the theater. Without revealing too much, lets say there were many surprizes through the show that caught us off guard. I love the Beatles music and it was my first Cirque show so it was a delight. The music, the visuals.. it was stunning! I would recommend it.


The rest of the evening we wandered through the strip and watch the Bellagio Fountains, a variety of impersonators, dealtainers, etc. I have lots of photos as well. Here is the link..

www.facebook.com/album.php


Day Four.. coming up!

No comments: