Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Eating During the Holidays



This weekend we celebrated Thanksgiving with our family out of town so I have to admit I had to think about how I was going to handle the food issues and do some preplanning.

*Turkey. The size of the palm of my hand and deck of cards. White meat.
*No mashed potatoes. I chose to bring a sweet potato and turnip puree which my Dad, myself and my husband enjoyed. My sister's family loves their white mashed potatoes!
*Eating a regular breakfast. I knew we would be eating at 2 so that my parents wouldn't have to drive home in the dark. (2 hours drive)
*Maintaining my water drinking and opting out of sugary pop, juice and drank some green tea as my treat.
*Tossed green salad with balsamic vinegar.
*Brussel sprouts.
*Dessert was pumpkin pudding that I made as well and brough along for everyone to try. The majority of the group chose pumpkin pie with loads of whipped cream.

While eating dinner I noticed that everyone was more interested in the food then in each other so it was nice that I was able to have conversations and not worry about shovelling food into my belly. Yes I enjoyed my meal! It was great to see everyone and not have a food hangover the next day or sit that evening with my pants loosened because I have stuffed myself.

Results to date: Down 19.5 inches and down 15 pounds.

Onesmartcookie

No comments: