Saturday, September 19, 2009

There Are No Accidents

The other day I went to put on my favourite pair of jeans that I hadn't worn all summer and as I pulled them on I knew something was different. They didn't fit. I would have had to lay down to do them up and my heart sank as I realized that this was more then menstrual bloat.

An aqaintance of mine goes to a place called U Weight and she has been getting amazing results with the program. It focuses on meal planning, supplements and coaching. Then, the other day I saw the location and the Grand Opening sign only ten minutes from our home. Hmmmm, co incidence? I think not.


A couple of days later, I picked up the phone and made an appointment to talk to someone about the program. Two hours plus, I made the decision that my journey now begins.

I had battled with my past attempts at weight loss and see sawed over the choices. I believe that those programs do work but they do not serve me and made the choice to go forward with U Weight because it offers offers, plans and ideas that no other weight loss options offer. The people there were genuine, interested and ready to kick my butt when I made my excuses, fell off the wagon or get ready to give up.

Ah, excuses..and broken promises to myself! I keep promises to other people and bend over backwards to show up for others but when it comes to me, I am an ace at self defeating self talk. You know, those conversations that you have in your head..

So, I begin my journey tomorrow morning.

OSC

No comments: